Tuesday 31 January 2012

'Antigonish' - 1889 - Hughes Mearnes

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away



From discovering this poem my group and I came up with the idea of following a character that suffers from heavy mental issues such as an extreme case of paranoid schizophrenia. In doing this we are able to use all of our ideas from the last meeting to interesting use. We still want to keep the film as elusive and confusing as possible so the audience gets a sense of what it is like for this character that is also as troubled and confused as to what is happening to him as much as the audience is. We do not however, and have fully agreed that this film shall not be about drug use or the dark side of illegal drugs as we all thought it would be too clichéd and a weak, predictable story.

I have just finished writing the script and have written down fully how the transitions of settings and how certain shots should look. I have also included a lot of hallucination scenes that work well with the characters state of mind and the mood of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment