Sunday 22 January 2012

Experimental Film Influences

Enter The Void - Gaspar Noe - 2010


From watching this film I really found the p.o.v. shots extremely interesting and effective. I like the details they also put in with this camera work such as blinks in the editing stage. The colours and flashes used throughout also work great to create mood and atmosphere.


Inland Empire - David Lynch - 2006


From watching this story I really liked the elusiveness of the story, how the mystery of the story is never explained. Also, the transitions from one scene to another is elusive, as throughout you are never entirely sure if the film is linear or non linear or even if the actors are playing the same characters. Very obscure and confusing, which I like for my experimental film. I also liked the use of light in this film, for some scenes the use of lighting is very experimental using just flash lights or natural lighting etc.


Pi - Darren Aronofsky - 1998

Watching this film I really enjoyed the way that the film allowed you to get into the characters confused and troubled mind. The camera was very interesting in this film using grips, hand held shots and p.o.v. shots. I also enjoyed the grainy black & white colour and the scenes that are sped up to confuse the audience even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment