Friday 18 November 2011

S.O.S. Thomas Bangalter & Gaspar Noe

There is another piece of what I find to be strange, eerie & unsettling piece music i discovered also created by Delia Derbyshire called 'Music of the Spheres'.
To listen click the link below:
http://www.myspace.com/deliaderbyshire1937/music/songs/doctor-who-4553346

When listening to this piece of music it instantly reminded me of the music created by Thomas Bangalter used for the highly brutal & disturbing film 'Irreversible' directed by Gaspar Noe.Although I believe its an incredible piece of filmmaking & I highly praise Gaspar Noe, I found the film extremely shocking & disturbing & pretty much destroyed my whole entire life for a good couple of weeks. Especially as I was about 15 when I first watched it not really knowing what I was getting myself into.

The confusing, dizzying & disorientating camera work & lighting with the music by Thomas Bangalter included for the highly distressing scene in the underground sex club called 'La Rectum' pysically made me sick. If your going to watch the film, seriously not for the faint hearted!
'Rectum' - Thomas Bangalter

Thomas Bangalter also created the soundtrack for Gaspar Noe's third feature lenght 'Enter The Void', which again I found to be visually incredible & a brilliant modern masterpiece of filmmaking. Here is one of the greatest (but most disorientating) opening sequences I have ever seen (especially on the big cinema screen) from 'Enter The Void' featuring the music by Thomas Bangalter.

No comments:

Post a Comment