Wednesday 9 May 2012

Drama - Changes 2nd to Final Draft

From reading my 2nd draft of the script Lucy (Director) emailed back to me the final draft with some ammendments that she wanted changing. The changes was very little and there was very few so after reading I approved and understood why she had made the changes.
The changes was mainly to do with logistics, for example, she changed the scene where the father vomits to him just gagging. This will make the scene more possible to create and I believe the change will make the scene come across more humorous.
Another change Lucy made is changing the father from watching television to reading a newspaper. I understand completely why Lucy has made this change as it would be complicated in terms of getting permission and would be too complicated to gain television sounds.
The only other change Lucy has changed to my script is just a few words of dialogue in only a couple of scenes which makes the dialogue more snappy and to the point which I believe works really well.

Overall I am extremely happy that Lucy understood and enjoyed my vision of the film from the script, she has been incredibly helpful with the useful pointers to make the script tighter and stronger but also, I am incredibly happy that she did not feel there needed to be a large amount of changes to the script. This makes me feel confident that we share the same visual style and that have the same idea on how we want the actions and dialogue to come across. This lets me know that we will be great working together and will agree on a number of things.
The fact that she has made little changes to the script as well saves a lot of time and our group can head into production a lot sooner as it has taken less then a week to get the final script prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment